NSW School Band Festival Statement of Commitment
The NSW School Band Festival provides an open, welcoming and safe environment for everyone participating in our programs.
The NSW School Band Festival is committed to providing a child-safe environment and welcomes any advice or guidance from participating children, parents and volunteers as to how we might best achieve this goal.
At all events conducted by the NSW School Band Festival, volunteers will:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with the values and policies of the SBF
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive and safe environment for all children, young people, parents, staff and other volunteers
- Treat all children with respect regardless of gender, race, religious or political beliefs, age, physical or mental health, sexual orientation, family or social background and culture, economic status or criminal background
- Use in an appropriate and acceptable manner any computers, mobile phones, videos, digital cameras and any other recording device required to carry out my volunteer role
- Behave honestly and with integrity at all times
- Act with care and diligence to ensure the safety of the children and audience members attending the event
- Comply with all applicable Australian laws and any lawful and reasonable direction given by the SBF General Manager or venue staff
- Report immediately to the General Manager any concerns regarding the behavior of any adult working with children participating in any SBF event