Please download the PDF below for the full list of Festival Conditions. The SBF would like to bring to your attention the following:
- The SBF is a non-competitive event. All bands are awarded a Gold, Silver or Bronze award for the event category in which they choose to enter.
- The SBF does not have a set play list. All bands are free to choose their own program.
- All bands must play a piece by an Australian composer or arranger.
- All bands must use the percussion supplied by the SBF unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Please consult at the Event Criteria and the Music Previously Played to assist you in your decision.
- It is expected that all schools participating in the School Band Festival will read, understand and acknowledge the current Terms and Conditions.
- Schools entering students into this event acknowledge that their school is covered by three blanket licences:
- APRA Schools’ Licence: Public Performance of copyright music
- AMCOS Schools’ Licence: Photocopying and reproduction of copyright music
- APRA/AMCOS/ARIA Schools’ Licence: Music recordings and access
- These licences are administered through a school’s peak governing body. For information on whether your school is currently licensed please contact: email@example.com
- Under the photocopying licence schools are able to make a limited number of photocopies per original score that they own. All copies made for adjudicators are required to be submitted with the official SBF Music Info Cover Sheet which confirms that the school named on this form certifies the copy has been made from their own published edition of the musical work, in reliance of Clauses 10.8 and 18 of APRA/AMCOS “A Practical Copyright Guide to the Use of Print Music in Australia” Third Edition, 2006.
- The photocopy will be destroyed by the NSW School Band Festival at the conclusion of the performance.